First, let's make it short and quick about the 'what' and 'why.' What is this Black Friday thing (besides the big shopping deals), and why is it called that? And let's move on to what matters – the best deals for home cleaning and home improvement on Black Friday 2022 alongside my top pick.
What is Black Friday and Why is it Called That?
The Day After Thanksgiving (Friday) is known as Black Friday. This used to be unofficially or officially the start of the holiday shopping season. Almost all stores come out with Doorbuster Sales with the early bird special to attract consumers to their shop. People used to stand in line hours before the stores opened in the pre-pandemic era to grab the bargains of the year. In the last few years, we have witnessed a trend towards bringing those Black Friday Sales online before Friday.
The most popularly known reason why it is known as Black Friday is given in Wikipedia - "Many retailers report some of their highest profits on Black Friday. The black portion of the name, "Black Friday," relates to businesses recording their losses in red ink and gains in black. This tradition lives on in modern accounting software, hence the name."
However, there is a tragic history to the name. The term "Black Friday" was first used on September 24, 1869, when two investors, Jay Gould and Jim Fisk, drove up the price of gold and caused a crash that day. The stock market dropped 20%, and foreign trade stopped. Farmers suffered a 50% dip in wheat and corn harvest value.
Another explanation, according to Britannica, is that the term dates back to the early 1960s, when police officers in Philadelphia began using the phrase "Black Friday" to describe the chaos that resulted when large numbers of suburban tourists came into the city to begin their holiday shopping and, in some years, attend Saturday's annual Army-Navy football game.
When is Black Friday 2022?
Black Friday in 2022 is on Friday, November 25, at least that is the official "Friday" of it, though sales start much earlier and run later into the following week.
Why Waiting for the Exact Black Friday may not be the Best Idea and why it’s Better to Avail Early Deals?
This is an important topic to discuss and those who have been consumers in the past know where this is going. During peak Black Friday season, inventory is insane, logistics is a mess, and shipping becomes slower than usual. What I do is, try to get ahead of the curve and get early access deals. Furthermore, Business Insider reported last year in 2021 that Amazon workers in 20 countries went on strike due to the high demand for the work and though it subsided, deliveries were delayed. The great news is, younger brands like Fitbit (the health tracker brand) and Best Buy(took it upon themselves and helped out with the supply chain logistics and delivered on time in-house.
Best Home Supplies and Home Cleaning Deal for Black Friday 2022
Although it's several days away, expect to see Black Friday home deals everywhere, from Amazon to Walmart, on staples like carpet cleaners, vacuums, and winter-scented wall plugins. No longer a single-day sales event, Black Friday home deals will start online in November—with some pre-Black Friday deals already here—and last weeks instead of days. There are incredible markdowns from retailers like Overstock and Wayfair.
After you've scored discounts on kitchen items, stock up on cleaning essentials and home organization items—because who doesn't want a spotless home for holiday guests? This is where my top pick comes in. It is a vacuum cleaner but unlike any. It is the Ofuzzi H9 Pro. After my life got its fair share of bliss from the pet fur from their H8, the bigger boy H9 Pro came into my life and took over all the cleaning needs I threw at it. It's already on a presale discount right now!
With unprecedented progress in thoughtful engineering, value for money has skyrocketed. Now, you can get a handheld portable vacuum cleaner for your car for under $100 even ahead of Black Friday through their Black Friday Early Access Deal - that would have cost you tenfold even several years ago. The Ofuzzi H9 Pro is a prime example of this. I really feel it is a great testament to the thoughtful engineers who made all the right decisions in making such a fantastic product while keeping the price within reach of the American middle class. If you don't like it (which is unlikely), you're covered by Amazon's 30-day return policy, so it's a win-win situation. Thus, to conclude, the H9 Pro gets my highest recommendation as the best handheld vacuum cleaner for the car that doesn't cost an arm and a leg – yet delivers without compromise.
Where to buy
Check the link below to get yours!
Why I Bought (and perhaps you too should) the H9 Pro this Black Friday
As is evident by now, my top pick this Black Friday in all home cleaning gear is my present one which is the Ofuzzi H9 Pro. A close second is the one I owned before it, which is the Black and Decker Dustbuster but it has a smaller dust bin than the H9 Pro and is more expensive. The more precise reasons for choosing the Ofuzzi H9 Pro are manifold.
The H9 Pro is the brand's flagship portable handheld vacuum cleaner with all the bells and whistles (read–feature set) of $500+ vacuum cleaners for 1/5th the price. I will elaborate on the feature set below, but it blew me away (both literally and figuratively). This USB-C charged supremely versatile gadget was a Godsend for my carpets (both in the car and at home) thanks to the dogs and my kids' crumbs. More technically, it is a handheld vacuum cleaner with 40AW (13 kPa) surging power which implies outstandingly powerful suction that picks up visible crumbs and dirt alongside fine dust and pet hair. Its 80,000RPM motor and 600mL dust tank rival the ones in the Killbuck range.
If I go all technical about it, the reasons for me to pick this one up (besides being the best bang for my buck) are manifold. Still, the feature set is worth discussing should you be interested. The following highlights why I bought (and you probably would want to consider) the Ofuzzi H9 Pro.
- Extra-long Crevice tool: This is the (not so secret) weapon that makes it stand out to me. It is essentially why I keep it with me even in the car, even while I own a more expensive upright vac. Given the super long attachments and crevice tool, it can reach the depths of the abyss (well, it never hurts to be dramatic) under furniture, carpets, and up on the attic.
- Lightweight and Compact: The second most appealing point for me is how light and ergonomic it is. At only 2.24lbs, I can put one hand under the sofa with the H9 Pro and drink a soda with my other hand. The slick design of it is easy to grip and comfortable to hold, causing zero fatigue. One extra point for looking like something from a sci-fi movie which is always a conversation starter for guests.
- Easy to Clean: One of the most irritating parts is cleaning the cleaner itself. The engineers who designed the H9 Pro made some incredibly thoughtful decisions to make this part a breeze. You can empty debris with one click without straining your hands, and its innovative buckle lock prevents spills. That's a huge win for me. The filters are washable and recyclable. It sports a sizeable 600ml dustbin – which means more uninterrupted cleaning and fewer trips to empty the trash.
- LED display and USB-C: A great signal that this is a 2022 gadget is its versatility in charging (via any cellphone charger) and the presence of a precision LED display. It is very important for me to monitor the status of any machine (like modes and battery life) to feel secure. The H9 Pro has that covered in spades.
- Quiet and Durable: Though I do not worry too much now, when I gave one of these to my nephew (who lives in a dorm), it was imperative for him to be as quiet as possible. Powered by an 80,000RPM brushless motor, it is safer, more durable, and energy-efficient equals lower electric bills. It is quite a marvel that its stellar performance makes no compromise while keeping it extremely quiet. So, it's a welcome attribute to neighbors, roommates, and pets.
- 40AW Powerful Suction: This metric refers to the suction power or pressure. At 40AW/13kPa surging power, it can cover detectable debris to finer dust (like hair and fur. Adding to its versatility, it has two power levels (standard and eco) for different cleaning needs – one for intense cleaning and the other for extended efficiency.
- Cyclonic-Innovative Design: This is an entirely novel idea I had never seen before. Also, since you can see through the tank, it is easy to see its inner workings. The innovative cyclonic system swirls debris and dust away from the filter for consistent and powerful suction. It is really cool to see it in action as well. I must say that according to technical literature, this concept is intended to extend the filter and motor lifespans.
See for Yourself!
As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. In that case, what would a video mean – a million words? Anyway, watch as Lauren Midgley reviews the H9 Pro on Youtube.
It's not just Lauren, but April also called it the "awesome-est vacuum cleaner with the super long crevice attachment!". You can check out the video review from Lauren here.
As is natural, there are hundreds of verified customer reviews on Amazon. I recommend you check them out though I am sharing a few excerpts here. Still, reading the complete ones make sense to be sure I am not cherry-picking here.
Harry S. wrote in their review, "First, as I mentioned in the previous review, this Ofuzzi vacuum is excellent and very high quality. Perfect suction for debris on floors, etc., between my housekeeper's visits as I can no longer use my corded upright. I am disabled from a stroke, and the ease of use with this Ofuzzi and normal maintenance such as emptying and cleaning with limited right-hand movement is ideal and the only one after exhaustive research I could use." It is a testament to the product to have received this praise from someone with accessibility issues.
On the other hand, AG wrote how they use it in their review titled "I love this thing!". They wrote, "This thing works great. I mean, you're not gonna want to vacuum your whole house with one, but it's great for spot cleaning and touch-ups and vacuuming crumbs out of drawers and stuff."
"This vacuum is perfect for me! My kitty tracks litter which this vac picks up very well. Now I don't have to drag my larger vac out just for light cleaning. It's great for cat hair, even on furniture. This has made my life so much easier. I can't believe how light it is and nice power. I'm thrilled! Highly recommend" wrote Amazon user sauci1 who seems to be a pet lover like myself.
Oleran wrote in detail, "This little vacuum is strong enough to get the "stuff" that collects on my pickup's floorboard, and that's what counts for me. The canister is big enough to get the job done. The suction is pretty strong....just shy of holding itself up by its vacuum. There is a decent work light on the front. Charges via USB C. It has two speeds, High/Low (I will probably only ever use the high setting.). The canister comes off via a rear-mounted, single break-over latch. Two attachments are included....a straight, oval tube and a brush-ended tube. The clean exhaust is side ejected around the circumference of the canister. All in all, a pretty nice portable vacuum!"
Always remember, regardless of what you are waiting to jump on this Black Friday, it is always great to stay ahead of the curve. So, while I wait for the best deals on the shopping Friday of the year, it's always great to stay ahead and if you see an insane deal now, grab it. Happy shopping this season, folks!